2 minutes past 2am . I was wide awake, staring at my ceiling lighted by the street light squeezing through the gap between the curtains. I went downstairs to get some water in hopes to help me sleep. Just as I was about to finish my glass of water, I remembered Janice once told me how nice it feels to bake late at night. I hurried online looking for simple recipes which I had ingredients to. Within seconds of me finding the recipe the silent air of night was broken with the wizzing sound of my mixer and my head bobbing grooves to Maroon 5's new album (I just need a little of your time … A little of your time …). By 2:45 I was fast asleep blanketed by the lingering smell of warmly baked chocolate chip cookies.
Need a quick fix for insomnia ?
Thin and Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 1 ½ dozen
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 ¼ sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cups of granulated sugar
1/3 cup of packed light-brown sugar
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup of chocolate chips
¼ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Whisk flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, water, egg, vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown for 12-15 minutes
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer onto rack and let them cool completely.
1 comment:
so nice Victor Tee...
as you're not alone staying by yourself...
if you can post me some...
it would be perfect!! =))
Post a Comment