
Hey, Turtle here ... chef for the day! Many of you may not know this, as I hide it very well, but I am actually not very good in the kitchen. Stop laughing !
Yes, I admit it I am not a very good cook. When I do step into the kitchen, more often than not, disaster strikes when I’m around. Meats getting burnt, gravy turning saltier than drinking sea water, veggies getting soaked in oil (and by soaked I meant drenched) and not to mention deserts, you don’t want to know (-shakes head-).
So when I received an email from Janice saying that she was holding a Pot-Luck on Saturday,
my hand started to sweat, my head started spinning, my mind went blank*.
WHAT on EARTH am I GOING to COOK?
That’s when it struck me, CHICKEN CURRY (no, I don’t mean literally). Thats why I am going to share with all my fellow 'combos' (cooking bimbo) my Fail-Proof-Not-Even-I-Can-Stuff-Up-From-The-Packet-Malaysian- Chicken- Curry.
*Yes, I was exaggerating. Well I had to add some drama to my first online post ever!
Post pot-luck update:
Opps… I stuffed up! No nothing was burnt; it was perfectly edible but not as tasty as I have made in the past. I’m guessing there was either too much coconut milk or not enough sauce. Or maybe the chicken was not very fresh.
Chicken Curry
Serves 6 people
600g of chicken
200g of potato
1 large onion
2 tablespoons of oil
2 packets of Brahim’s Chicken Curry Sauce
500ml of coconut milk
500ml of water
Chilies (optional)
- Dice onions and chilies.
- Fry onions, chilies and chicken.
- Add sauce, water and coconut milk. Mix.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Serve up in your Best Looking Bowl!
- Garnish to impress.

2 comments:
master turtle, so glad to see you write a blog in here... keep it going plssss...
hmmm... think I should cook something and blog here...
i know you can't cook.
i've seen you in my kitchen.. hahahaha
Post a Comment