
When mentioned the name Famous Amos, I can't help but to be reminded the mind-blowing greed inducing smell, each and every time I pass a Famous Amos shop. Even after I have have purchased the tiny-shallow-bottomed bag it can never fulfill my hunger for more. So needless to saw when i was passed this 'secret recipe' I had to try it immediately. I quickly recruited my sous baker, Marina and in a flash we whipped up a batch. After waiting for a eternity (10 minutes) we were promptly disappointed as there was not even a whiff of the signature smell. But after tasting these frangraceless cookies, we were pleasantly surprised how good these cookies were. They were not Famous Amos cookies but they were good enough.
I'll get your recipe soon Famous Amos! I've been hinted by a few its in the butter. I'm thinking nutmeg...
not-so Famous Amos cookiesI'll get your recipe soon Famous Amos! I've been hinted by a few its in the butter. I'm thinking nutmeg...
Yields 122 Cookies
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2tsp. baking soda
- 2tsp. baking powder
- 2cups brown sugar
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal & blend to fine powder)
- 2oz. chocolate chips
- 1tsp. salt
- 18oz. Cadbury bar(grated)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- 2sp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180degrees.
- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour,oatmeal,salt,baking powder and soda.
- Add chocolate chips bar and nuts.
- Roll in balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment